Wednesday, February 3, 2010

6 months till the inevitable!

Hi Everyone!

The reason I am starting this blog is because I am your typical 26 year old woman struggling to lead a healthier lifestyle. I have 25lbs to lose and need to learn how to keep it off. I have signed up (with a co-worker) for an 8km run on Aug.8, 2010. I ran this run 2 years ago and finished 2nd last. Eventhough I didn't finish in as good of time I thought I would, I really felt good about myself and it was worth crossing the finish line to see my, now husband, cheering me on to the end.


I am like many other women out there, wake up in the morning with great intensions of working out when I get home, but, by 7 o'clock the last thing I want to do is tie up the shoes for a run on the treadmill. The couch, a snack and Grey's seem like such a better idea.


Well it is time for things to change!!! I will not let easy excuses get in the way anymore. I think if I blog everyday I will be held accountable and be able to share my progress with you all. I want to share everything from the sore muscles to the late night cravings, the dress sizes dropped to the stumbles along the way.


well I am 186 days away from the run so I better get at it.

Off for my first treadmill run!!!


Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap you have a blog AND you are doing a run!! Go Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Cheri! If you need a walking partner or any sort of company, Let me know as i could sure use some weight loss as well! keep up the good work Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Kid
    I am trying to get in better shape as well and have lost 10 pounds so far and hope for another 5.
    I don't think you need to lose 25 pounds you would be a rail.

    Good luck
    Woody

    ReplyDelete